Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions...
Do I need a permit?
It is the responsibility of the customer to check local requirments, and obtain if necessary, any required permits. Many times, engineered drawings are not required for permits. However, if you do need engineered drawings, notify your manufacturer and drawings can be forwarded. Specialty drawings may be available, please discuss with your manufacturer only if needed by local building/zoning departments.
what do i need to do to get ready?
When the installers arrive to build your structure, they are anticipating a flat level site to build on. The area needs to be free of debris and any other obstacles. The installers will need approximately 2-4 feet around the perimeter to safely work. Ask your sales representative for information specific to your purchase. Please review your order form for additional details.
How long will it take to get my structure?
The timeframe varies depending on where you live, the time of year, and the current workload. The range can be as low as 1-3 weeks or significantly longer during certain times of year. Your sales representative will be able to give you a current estimated time-frame based on the information given to us by the manufacturer. Once your order is submitted to the manufacturer, all customers will communicate with the manufacturer scheduling department for status updates and delivery/installation dates.
Is Rent-to-own (RTO) available in my area?
RTO is available in all areas that we sell in. We work with several RTO companies. Depending on where you live and the manufacturer chosen, those two things will determine which program(s) are available to you. More information can be found on our RTO page.
How do I contact the manufacturer?
The manufacturer contact information is located at the top of your order form that was given to you at time of sale. If you are unable to locate your paperwork and need to contact your manufacturer, contact USACG and we'll help locate the correct contact information.
Why would I need to contact the manufacturer and not USACG?
USACG is the selling agent which means we help you through the point of sale. Once your order is placed, per our Dealer Agreement, it is given to the manufacturer who is responsible for filling your order. Customers need to contact the Manufacture for anything "post sale". Examples of post sale needs include: status update on order, scheduling related questions, payment of Balance (unless you purchased using Rent-To-Own), service or warranty work, etc.
can a USACG representative evaluate my site?
Site evaluations are typically not available for a variety of reasons. USACG Representatives are trained to provide you with information about ground preparation so that you can make an informed decision on how to prepare your site if necessary, prior to the installation crew arriving .
Does USACG offer ground preparation services?
We do not. However, in some areas, we are able to offer referrals for ground preparation, including cement work.
"Important Stuff"...below is additional information customers need to know.
General Information regarding things customers need to know...
- Prices given to you by your USACG Representative include delivery and installation on your prepared site.
- Prices given to you by your USACG Representative include temporary rebar anchors when installed on the ground (grass, dirt, gravel, etc). Or, if being installed on a cement pad, concrete anchors are included. Other types of permanent anchors are available for a fee.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to check on any local restrictions and to obtain all required permits.
- All structures are Engineer Certified. If copies of drawings are needed to obtain required permits, you will need to let the manufacturer know. If ou have quesitons or need assistance, please contact your USACG sales representative. Per our manufacturers, obtaining drawings for the purpose of obtaining permits is considered "post-sale" and is handled directlly by the manufacturer, not USACG.
- Rent-To-Own does not require a credit check, everyone is approved. You have the option to pay off your RTO purchase any time. Ask for additional information.
- Customer needs to provide a flat and level area for installation. Site needs to be within about 3-4 inches of being level from side-to-side and front to back. In addition, the installers will need approximately 2-4 feet of work space around the perimeter of installation site in order to work.
- USACG is required to collect a deposit prior to submitting the order to the manufacturer. In the event an order needs to be cancelled, USACG has a very customer friendly cancellation policy. Follow this link to learn about the USACG Cancellation / Refund Policy.
- If an order needs to be revised within three business days of placing the order, there is no charge. If an order is revised after three days of placing an order, there may be a fee associated with the revision.
- Estimated Lead Times are given to USACG by our manufacturers and that is the amount of time told to our customers. USACG has no control over the Estimated Lead Time. Current Lead Time for your area will be discussed at time of Quote and/or Order.
- Everything post-sale including scheduling, installation, Balance payment, service or warranty work, etc. is completed by the manufacturer, not USACG.
- Structures designed through our 3D Design Tool will require a deposit of no more than 15%.
- "Ready-To-Order" structures, as seen on our ORDER page, allows you to purchase through our site's shopping cart. This method requires payment in full.
- Regardless the method of purchase, USACG will email documents to you to electronically sign. Don't worry, we've made this step super simple!
- If you want to make an addition onto your metal structure, it can be done on buildings less than three years old. If your metal structure is three years or older, you can purchase the materials and provide the labor yourself. Ask for more information.
- WARRANTIES: 1. One-Year Workmanship 2. 90 MPH Wind Warranty when required anchors are purchased 3. 20-Year Rust on Framing when 12 Gauge Tubing is purchased. These warranties are on most structures, ask for additional information.
Quick note about USACG's part in the ordering process...
USA Carport Garages (USACG) is an authorized independent dealer of metal carports, garages, sheds and other types of structures. Being an authorized dealer means USACG is responsible to provide customers with accurate information about the product, as provided by the manufacturer, and to help customers with placing an order. USACG is also responsible for collecting deposits prior to submitting orders to the manufacturer. As a dealer, we are obligated to work within the guidelines given to us by our manufacturers. The manufacturers set all pricing and policies. In addition, manufacturers (not USACG) are 100% responsible for everything post-sale, including scheduling, installation and anything pertaining to warranties. Final note, USACG has only partnered with established and proven manufacturers and USACG is committed to helping our customers to the best of our abilities should help be needed.